1. The LOST Theatre One Act Festival is open to shows of between 20 and 45 minutes duration.
2. All plays submitted are subject to acceptance by the Festival Artistic Committee. The LOST Theatre reserves the right to refuse plays without reason.
3. If accepted into the Festival, all companies (a person or group of persons who have submitted a play) are obliged to pay a non-refundable entry fee of £60. This fee is forfeited in the event of the company withdrawing from the Festival of its own volition, or being disqualified for contravening the Festival rules. This fee covers membership of the LOST Theatre Company for the duration of the Festival, and therefore covers the legal requirements of liability insurance.
4. Some shows may be held on a reserve list and admitted in the event of withdrawals. Being on the reserve list does not guarantee performance in the Festival.
5. All companies shall provide one copy of their scripts for initial assessment. Scripts are sent at the owner’s risk. LOST will not be responsible for returning any hardcopy scripts that have been submitted.
6. The Company is responsible for any Royalties due on all material (including writing or music) that is not original.
7. Performance dates/times: All companies must be available to perform on any Festival performance dates - LOST Theatre will announce the Performance Dates and Times at the Production Meeting & they are non-negotiable.
8. Each show will have 10 minutes to set-up and 5 minutes to clear the stage. Any show exceeding these times or if the running time at the dress rehearsal should exceed 45 minutes or be under 20 minutes the show will be withdrawn from the Festival and will not receive an adjudication.
9. Each show will receive a Technical/Dress rehearsal on the day of your performance. This will be daytime and as with the performance slot allocation is non negotiable.
10. LOST will provide a Festival operator and a Festival manager. The Festival manager is there to oversee the entire Festival and not to stage manage individual plays. No outside technical staff are permitted to operate the lighting or sound equipment.
11. General lighting states will be provided. This will be notified to the shows in advance.
12. A Technical script must be sent to LOST by the specified deadline (Monday 22nd May). This script must be as close to the performed script as possible. Any major alterations to the script after this must be notified to LOST immediately.
13. No costumes or props can be stored at the venue. IF YOU CAN’T CARRY IT IN AND THEN TAKE IT HOME, IT DOESN’T GO ON STAGE. LOST cannot accept responsibility for any items of property brought onto or left at the premises.
14. Rehearsal space is the responsibility of the company. LOST is not responsible for organising or booking rehearsal space.
15. Each night of the Festival will be followed by a brief adjudication in front of the audience. LOST Theatre expects all participants to attend this vital element of the Festival.
16. Tickets will be sold for each evening of the Festival and not individual shows. Tickets will be available through the Box Office. LOST reserves the right to refuse admittance without reason.
17. Anyone deemed to be breaking any of LOST Theatre's rules and regulations will be disqualified from the Festival and asked to leave the premises immediately.
All participants must abide by LOST’s rules and constitution.